Sirloin Steak Larb Tartare
10 pounds 21-day aged rib eye
1/4 cup Thai chilies
6 bunches scallions, sliced
1 bunch cilantro
12 stalks lemongrass
2 bunches mint, julienne leaves
6 red onions, julienne and soak in ice water
1 tablespoon star anise
2 cups peanuts
3 cabbage heads, shaved
4 tablespoons palm sugar
2 cups lime juice
2 cups peanut oil
1 cup fish sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
Oil, for frying
1 beef tendon
1. Trim and hand dice the rib eye into 1/4- inch dice. Refrigerate.
2. Toast the star anise and grind fine. Fry the peanuts and season with salt and pepper, crush in the food processor.
3. Mix in the mixing bowl all the meat with the peanuts, lemongrass, scallions, cilantro, and mint and chilies. Dress with peanut oil, lime juice mixed with palm sugar and fish sauce.
4. Add the onions and shaved cabbage. Adjust seasoning
5. Braise tendon for 2 hours until tender. Cool in cooking liquid.
6. Slice very thin then dehydrate overnight. Fry at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Season with salt.
7. Top meat with fried shallots and crispy beef tendon.
© 2012 CHRIS COSENTINO
Posted on AllTopChef.com