2 pounds rib eye
1/4 cup mirin- for marinade
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup pea sprouts
8 ounces daikon
1 tablespoons white miso
1 tablespoons mirin- for daikon
Rice wine vinegar- to taste
1 tablespoon plum paste
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons mirin
3 cucumbers – Japanese or European
1 cups pea sprouts
1. Trim the rib eye, remove all sinew and fat
2. Marinate with a little mirin and soy sauce.
3. Sear rib eye in smoking hot pan until both sides are nicely charred. Finish cooking steak in oven at 350 degrees until medium rare, about 6-7 more minutes. Slice and place on a bed of pea sprouts.
4. Cut the daikon into 1 1/2 inch thick discs and turn into little flying saucer shapes.
5. Place into a sauce pan – cover with water, add a tablespoon of miso and a little mirin.
6. Cook until tender at a simmer, 10-15 minutes, add a little rice wine vinegar to balance flavor.
1. Combine paste, vinegar, oil, and mirin for vinaigrette.
2. Cut cucumbers into desired shapes.
3. Combine with sprouts and dress with vinaigrette.
© 2011 CHEF TRACI DES JARDINS
Posted on AllTopChef.com