5 pounds chicken backs
3 pounds wings and feet (12 each)
4 quarts mirepoix (2 parts onion: 1 part celery: 1 part carrot)
4 sprigs thyme
3 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 bottle dry white wine
6 quarts veal stock
Truffle salt, to taste
Aged balsamic, to taste
12 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
Dry white wine, a splash
1 cup good quality dry porcini
Salt and pepper
Thyme, a few sprigs
1 whole garlic
2 pounds sweet potatoes
8 ounces butter
2 puréed chipotle peppers
1 teaspoon espellete pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 package chervil, chopped fine and covered in oil
1 package chives, chopped fine and covered in oil
1 cup picked parsley leaves, chopped fine and covered in oil
2 small shallots, minced
3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Roast bones (backs, wings, feet) at 450 degrees Fahrenheit convection until fully browned in a large stock pot (or 2 large pots).
2. Sauté mirepoix in olive oil. Add drumsticks then roasted bones. Then add wine, herbs, and water to cover.
3. Simmer for minimum of 1 hour.
4. Save feet and mirepoix.
5. Set aside 5 quarts to braise chicken and 5 quarts to mix with veal stock.
6. Veal stock mix – reduce way down to make glace. About 1 quart. Season with truffle salt, and aged balsamic.
1. Leave bone in.
2. Season generously with salt and pepper. Sear in hot olive oil until skin is very golden and crispy. Set in hotel or roasting pan.
3. Add mirepoix and feet from reserve stock production.
4. Meanwhile, reconstitute porcini in hot water making sure you rinse them and filter the water (which you need to keep) through cheese cloth to remove any dirt.
5. Heat 5 quarts chick stock to a boil. Cover thighs just up to their skin with a splash of white wine and porcini. Add a few sprigs thyme and a whole (cut in 1/2) head of garlic.
6. Cover pan with parchment and foil – roast at 350 degrees Fahrenheit convection for 1 1/2 hours (or until chicken is tender).
7. Remove parchment and foil and re-crisp skin at 450 degrees Fahrenheit convection for 20-50 minutes, checking often.
1. Cook potatoes (peeled and chopped) in salted water until fully cooked.
2. Whip with soft butter.
3. Season with fresh toasted and ground cinnamon, puréed chipotle and espelette pepper.
4. Deep fry thin peeled strips of sweet potato and parsley.
1. Blend all ingredients in a robo-coup. Pour as garnish.
© 2011 CHEF NAOMI POMEROY
Posted on AllTopChef.com