We have some very astute readers indeed, including Jeni, Fire and Ice, and Teddy. Thanks for playing! And thanks to Troll for commenting. Here are the answers. If you disagree, you know where to find the comment box :)
Trivia Game Part 1
1. Which All-Star(s) have already appeared in two-Restaurant Wars? Stephen “This is not Top Sommelier” Asprinio. He competed in Season 1, focusing on wine service and front-of-house, to the chagrin of his teammates. And returned as a guest in Season 3 to help the winning team from the Quickfire select wine.
2. Which All-Star(s) have already failed to win two Restaurant Wars episodes? Tre Wilcox, who appeared in Season 3, the Restaurant Wars “do-over” season. No one won the first RW installment, and Tre was eliminated in the second.
3. Which All Star(s) were PYKAG’d in the RW episode of their respective seasons? Tre Wilcox and Dale Talde
4. Match these Restaurant Wars restaurant names with their respective seasons.
Sabor: Season 1 - Lee Anne Wong, Miguel Morales, Stephen Asprinio
Sahana: Season 5 - Radhika Dusai, Carla Hall, Jamie Lauren, Jeff McInnis
Sunset Lounge: Season 5 - Leah Cohen, Fabio Viviani, Hosea Rosenberg, Stefan Richter
The Garage: Season 3 - Dale Levitski, Howie Kleinberg, Hung Huynh, Sara Mair
Twenty One 21: Season 7 - Amanda Baumgarten, Kelly Liken, Kenny Gilbert, Kevin Sbraga
Warehouse Kitchen: Season 4 – Antonia LoFaso, Richard Blais, Stephanie Izard, Nikki Cascone
5. In which season was the “décor” (ahem) pictured at the top of this post what one Restaurant Wars team came up with? Season 2
6. In which season was the requirement that chefs be responsible for decorating their restaurant spaces finally discontinued? Season 6
Trivia Game Part 2
1. Which of these cheftestants made it to Restaurant Wars in their respective seasons?
* = made it to RW
** = eliminated in the episode just prior to RW
Nikki Cascone – Nikki was eliminated 2 episodes prior to Restaurant Wars in Season 4, but chosen to return for RW. Midway through the challenge, each team's executive chef was allowed to select one additional assisting chef from the last four that were eliminated from the show; Antonia chose Nikki and Dale chose Jennifer Biesty.
2. Which contestants who took on front of house duties were named winners of Restaurant Wars in their respective seasons? Dave Martin (Season 1), and Stephanie Izard (Season 4)
3. How many times has a tartare or crudo appeared on a Restaurant Wars menu?
Tuna Tartare (American Workshop – Season 1)
Tuna Tartare with Egg Vinaigrette, Nicoise Olive Purée and Herb Salad (Hung Huynh - Quatre/The Garage – Season 3)
Arctic Char Tartare (Mike Isabella - Mission – Season 6)
Crudo of Black Bass and Yellowtail Snapper with Meyer Lemon-Caper Relish (Tiffany Derry – EVOO – Season 7)
4. Match the Restaurant Wars dessert to the season/team/chef:
a. Baklava Cigars with Fig and Minted Frozen Yogurts: Carla – Sahana – Season 5
b. Banana Scallops with Banana Guacamole and Chocolate Ice Cream: Richard Blais – Warehouse Kitchen – Season 4
c. Butterscotch Miso Scallops: Dale Talde made these in Season 5 for Restaurant Wars, and they got him sent home, but they were made as one of the two required alternatives for the second course (the other was Braised Short Ribs with Pickled Red Cabbage and Apple Basil Salad), not as a dessert.
d. Chocolate Ganache with Spearmint Ice Cream and Chocolate Tuiles: Bryan Voltaggio – REVolt – Season 6
e. Frozen Mango Lollipops with Dark Chocolate and Mint: Stefan Richter – Sunset Lounge – Season 5
f. Gorgonzola Cheesecake with Sweet Potato Purée and Concord Grape Sauce: Stephanie Izard – Warehouse Kitchen – Season 4
g. Halo-halo with Cantaloupe, Coconut, Kiwi, Avocado and Candied Nuts: Dale Talde – Mai Buddha – Season 4
h. Mango Lemongrass and Sake Sorbet: Restaurant April – Season 3
i. Oreo Lemon Pie: Elia Aboumrad – M.E.C. – Season 2
j. Pear Pithivier: Robin Leventhal – REVolt – Season 6
k. Watermelon “gnocchi”: Sam Talbot – Lalalina – Season 2
5. What Restaurant Wars dish pictured at the top of this post (I was referring to the bottom one in the montage) was roundly reviled by the judges? (Hint: It was from Season 2.) Sam Talbot’s Watermelon "Gnocchi" with Cabrales and Asiago Cream